Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

Tag as favorite
AAMC exam 1
Lydia_5054
#1 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 10:25:22 PM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi, i wanted to ask about passage 3, i really couldn't come up with a main idea for my post mortem. the best i could come up with was that the French Revolution caused disputes among the nations which eventually settled. i felt this passage to be more of a history lesson than a main theme which really tanked all my marks in this passage. If you have any tips with dealing with these types of passage to get the main idea and the approach that would be great thanks.
INSTR_Meaghan_74
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 04, 2020 4:31:06 PM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi Lydia! I don't think there is a different method you can use, because active reading is the best approach to every passage. Instead, sometimes it is our frame of mind when we encounter those passages of the type we don't like - for me it's the philosophy passages! So, whatever kind of passage may it be that is difficult for you, approach it with the mindset that you are reading the most interesting thing possible and you are excited by the material. Also, this passage is the perfect example of something you could really learn from during the post-mortem ---- by really diving deep into analysis and dissecting the passage arguments and connections, you can improve on your reading next time you encounter a passage of this type. Remember, the key phrases and look for repetitions and questions within the passage.