Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

Tag as favorite
Altius FLE6 COVID Q11
Shezel_5257
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2020 9:14:51 PM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi

For this question it asks: students in the study did NOT go through which step of the stress response system?

The correct answer for this is a step that isn't part of the stress response system (Which is the reason given for why it is the right answer). I thought that with this kind of question it would make sense to rule out steps not in the stress response system since the wording of the question makes it seem like its asking "which step in the stress response system did the students not go through" so the answer must be one of the steps in this system.

Is the type of reasoning I used incorrect? For most other questions it usually works like this, is this just a random exception or am I misinterpreting the question

Thanks in advance!
INSTR_Radhika_42
#2 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 1:56:44 PM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi Shezel,

This is an excellent question.

I think your way of thinking is correct and the way the AAMC writes the MCAT that you will sit, the thinking you employed is definitely what I would use.

I believe that Altius questions are sometimes (although, very rarely) slightly different in the way they write questions.

My suggestion is this: continue to eliminate as you did (it is logical and you would not expect 'Attack' to be an answer option) but if you realize that through POE you've eliminated everything, then I would go back and use judgement ('what have I eliminated that is the wrong answer but perhaps the question is asking me something other than the way I'm interpreting this question').

I hope this helps!