Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

Tag as favorite
Altius FLE 1 q6 q33
Lydia_5054
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 6:07:48 PM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi,

I dont understand for question 6 why the answer can't be b, because the mom's negative speaking end when praised by the kid, so wouldn't this be positive punishment because given the stimulus of praise her negative speaking stops?

For q 33, i'm also confused with how you know what to focus on? since giving the drug that is the "positive" aspect because you are given that stimulus, and it will be used to stop the symptoms so that is reinforcing the behaviour. but if i am also using it (reinforcing) to get rid of symptoms (negative since removing something), how do i know if its positive or negative reinforcement?
INSTR_Taylor_140
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2021 7:39:10 PM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi Lydia,

For question 6, praising her mother removes the bad stimulus (talking badly about the father) which is negative reinforcement (removal of a negative stimulus). And it is being negatively reinforced because the removal of the behaviour encourages the behaviour of praising her mother. B is not correct because positive punishment is adding something to the situation that will have an unpleasant consequence, which is not occurring here.

Similarly, because question 33 asks specifically about "withdrawal symptoms by administering methadone" this is what you should focus on. In this case, administering methadone will reduce withdrawal symptoms and taking something bad away = negative reinforcement of methadone. The reason A is not correct is because positive reinforcement occurs when a behavior is followed by a stimulus that is rewarding, increasing the frequency of that behaviour. The focus here is really on the removal of the bad stimulus (withdrawal).

Hope that helps!