Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

Tag as favorite
Deliberate Practice Altius Tests
Shahd_6465
#1 Posted : Monday, July 12, 2021 4:45:19 AM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
I am not sure exactly how to filter the Altius Test to target my weak topics and question types. I also wanted to ask about reviewing Deliberate Practice Altius Tests. My MCAT is August 6th and I noticed that the schedule doesn't contain a Review day after the Deliberate Practice Days, are we supposed to just complete the exam and not review it?

Thank you in advance
Anjali_5681
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2021 5:27:05 PM

Hi Shahd,

Thank you for reaching out!

When you log in to your Altius account, you can view your report for completed tests. On the report, under Overall Results, you'll get a broad view of your overall performance. The most important numbers would be your scaled score on each section, your composite score, and your percentile rank. Further down on the report, under Detail Exam Analysis, you can view detailed results for the exam as a whole, or for each section, using different filter criteria.

The Detailed Exam Analysis is what you should be using on Deliberate Practice days. On these days, you will filter an Altius Test to target your weak topics, question types, and reasoning skills. You will then focus on brushing up on knowledge gaps.
Anjali_5681
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2021 8:47:06 PM

Hi everyone,

Following my last response, I received a couple of Inbox messages asking for additional information. I tried replying directly to those students but have been receiving an error message so I figured another post within this thread would be helpful.

The confusion stems around why there are no Review days following Deliberate Practice days.

When looking at a Study Plan:
- on an AAMC Exam day, you are advised to write a full-length AAMC Exam under conditions that closely simulate the actual MCAT.

- on a Review Altius Test day, you will review the Altius Test from start to finish to
identify why you got questions wrong, and use the Score Report to identify your weak topics, question types, and reasoning skills.

- on a Deliberate Practice day, you will filter an Altius Test to target your weak
topics, question types, and reasoning skills (that you identified yesterday on the Review day) and brush up on knowledge gaps. That is, you are not taking a full-length Altius Test on this day but instead focussing on your weaknesses.

If you have any questions regarding this, please reach out to mcat@prep101.com so we can follow up with your directly.