Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

Tag as favorite
AAMC Bio Question Pack vol 1, question 8
Elliot_7038
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2021 9:47:02 PM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
This question's answer is based upon previous knowledge of leukocytes and the cause of inflammation. Where in our notes can we find more information on the types of cells that are associated with conditions like these? I have noticed more and more questions asking more about specific types of cells, where they are in the body, and what their functions are. I found that I got this answer wrong, because I did not know what leukocytes were/ or that they were in the mucosal layer.

Any other resource would be great!

Thanks
INSTR_Molly_129
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2021 1:03:58 AM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hey Elliot,

For this question, one way to approach it is to determine what the passage said about cagA, which states that it causes an inflammatory response. Out of the options available, leukocytes was the most plausible as it had to do with inflammatory/immunity responses. If this didn't seem intuitive to you, not to worry! We cover immunity and all related topics in BioBiochem class #7. Some of the questions right now might require some prior knowledge you have not seen, but we will definitely get you ready for whatever you will need to face!

Hope this helps,

Molly