Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

Tag as favorite
PSYCH CC ICE 1 Q26
Kate_4388
#1 Posted : Friday, June 05, 2020 2:19:41 PM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
For figure 1 of passage 4 (CC ICE 1), the graph is not colored, so it is a little bit hard to tell which ones are immigrants and which ones are Spanish-born. I suppose the bigger boxes are for Spanish-born (higher expenditure).

As for Q26 for the same passage, if I am reading the graph correctly, the error bars are not overlapping, which means that the expenditures are significantly different and that of immigrants is lower (choice B)? Would you mind elaborating on why B is incorrect?

I understand that C is correct. I do see that both the box for immigrants is smaller and the error bars are shorter, indicating less variation.
INSTR_Charanpreet_99
#2 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2020 10:49:53 PM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hello,

For Q26 from CC ICE 1, the answer is A and it is based on Table 1 (there is a typo in the solutions section, it has marked Q26 as Q25 (hence there are two Q25s). A is correct because we can see that the 95% CI includes 1.3-1.9, which means that for every immigrant woman born with low expenditure, we are 95% sure that 1.3-1.9 Spanish-women will be born with low expenditure. B is incorrect because it states "at least 1 spanish-born woman will have low expenditure". Since the CI is > 1 (it ranges from 1.3-1.9), we can actually be more than 95% sure that at least 1 spanish-born woman will have low expenditure. C is incorrect because it is using the p-value (p<0.001) to come to the conclusion that 99.9% chance that 1 spanish-woman will have low expenditure, but this is unrelated to the 95% CI.