Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

Tag as favorite
improving on timing
Adriana_3954
#1 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2020 9:22:11 PM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi there !

I am starting to get pretty frustrated as I have been practicing some cars every day for about a month and I started to see my scores finally going up... until I did my first full length and it went way back down to a 124. I feel like once I notice I am behind on time then I start to panic and rush through the rest. I have tried to practice doing each passage in 1o minutes, my question is does this timing work on the full lengths/ the actual thing? or is this the timing we should start at and hope to get to 8ish minutes a passage or so?

INSTR_Meaghan_74
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2020 5:53:00 PM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi Adriana,

It's too early to be frustrated, so don't lose confidence! 10 minutes per passage is good timing to work with. During the actual exam, try not to look at the clock too often - remember, the faster passages will even out with the ones that take more time. Also, a difficult part of writing full-length exams is maintaining focus and stamina for the whole thing, which can affect your timing. So, practice the 101 passages as full-length (70 minutes) tests to get used to this.

I hope this helps!
Meaghan