Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

Tag as favorite
LEAST Supported Questions
Farhang_5208
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 8:59:58 PM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi,

Throughout my practices, I have noticed that I make a lot of mistakes on the questions that is asking "which of the following assertions in the passage is LEASt supported with explanations or example."

When I go back to the passage during the post-mortems, I can find the correct answer, but as we know during the exam, it would be a waste of time to go back to the passage and look for the correct answer. I would appreciate that if I can know of any suggestion/approach towards answering this type of question.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Farhang
INSTR_Meaghan_74
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2020 3:02:02 PM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
The first thing to think about - if the question is asking about an assertion in the passage, make sure it is actually in the passage. So, some of the answer choices may not have been in the passage at all, and should be eliminated.

Then, think about which assertion left less of an impression in your mind. Which one is least part of the Main Idea. That answer choice is most likely the least supported.

And remember, it is ok to go back to the passage. You just want to use that tool sparingly and when you know what you are looking for.