Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

Tag as favorite
AAMC Volume 1. Passage 11; Q66
Farhang_5208
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 12:22:58 AM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hello Meaghan,

For question 66 of Passage 11 in AAMC Volume 1, I narrowed down my options to C and D. I chose option D, which if I am not mistaken, is in alignment with the main Idea. I cannot understand the reasoning provided by AAMC for answer C which is the correct answer.

I would appreciate that if you can please clarify that for me.

Best regards,
Farhang
INSTR_Meaghan_74
#2 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 2:37:56 AM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
The answer choice D does not relate well to the inference in the question. Recall, the question stem says: In response to the objection that if individuals obeyed their consciences, they could decide anything, the author argues that the designated decision makers could decide anything, too. Both answer choices C and D are relevant, but you need to decide which one is MORE relevant. Answer choice refers to the idea that the government leader may be better informed, but the decision to follow is still up to the individual. One step further from that is the idea that officials should also follow their conscience (answer choice D). So, answer choice D is one step removed from the question stem and reliant on C being correct -- but C is not reliant on D being correct.