Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

Tag as favorite
Structures of the brain
Josh_4080
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2020 4:33:10 PM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
I was wondering if there was a list of all the structures of the brain we need to know? Ive seen questions on pretty much all my full lengths (bio and psyc sections) pertaining to many different regions outside of the main ones we discussed.

Thanks!
INSTR_Katerina_102
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2020 10:11:35 PM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi,

I don't think there is a specific list of brain structures that one is expected to know for the MCAT.

It's hard to say without context, but I find for the bio approaching things by memorizing a list didn't work for me as well as just reading and learning new content - if you look at the context of the AAMC section summaries (https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/article/whats-mcat-exam/), the focus of a lot of biological systems is to understand how they work together.

What you could do to familiarize yourself with more structures in the brain is search up nervous system in the Bio section pdf and learn more about the specific subsections that the MCAT syllabus describes.

I apologize that I don't have a more direct answer, I hope this helps and perhaps another instructor could weigh in with more specific information.