Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

Tag as favorite
50/50 answer choices
Jacklyn_6346
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2021 6:47:41 PM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi!

Chemistry is by far my weakest section, but I've gotten a lot better at getting my answer choices down to 2. Now, my struggle is selecting the proper one between the 2. For example, I'm able to get it down to either A or B and then I would pick A, but B is the right answer.

Any tips to help increase my score during my last final push before my exam??

Thank you!!!

INSTR_Molly_129
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2021 9:10:24 PM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hey Jacklyn,

I know how that feels, it sucks when that happens!

My advice to you is to focus on what ultimately drives you to choose A over B. For example for myself, I would choose A because I thought that maybe I didn't know that this interaction existed, and if it did, then it would give me the best answer this question, so it tricked me that way.

Its definitely tricky, but one thing to keep in mind while you are studying is that it might feel like you are ALWAYS choosing the wrong answer, but it might just be because you are focusing on the ones that were incorrect. Try keeping a tally; you might find that its pretty even 50:50 split of when you have it right vs wrong.

Having the ability to eliminate everything to a 50:50 is already a win! If you are struggling to eliminate that last answer, chances are, so are most other people. Believe in yourself, you've worked hard and we've covered a bunch of stuff and you have had some top-notch instructors help you along the way. You got this!

Let me know if you need more assistance, and best of luck on your exam!

Molly