Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

Tag as favorite
AAMC FL1 PS
Nicole_5521
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2021 6:27:33 PM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hello,

For Passage 5 Q24, I'm wondering why cochlea isn't the best answer to this question, because if you had problems hearing, wouldn't that affect your performance on the tapping to the metronome task? I understand why cerebellum is correct, but what makes cochlea a worse answer?

For Passage 8 Q43, I'm wondering why short-term memory wouldn't fit here? Because wouldn't you need to activate sensory memory, then short-term memory, both before activating working memory? Is it because the question emphasizes "first" in the question stem?

Thanks!
INSTR_Nicole_130
#2 Posted : Monday, August 09, 2021 9:27:05 PM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi Nicole,

Q24. Certainly damage to your cochlea would affect your ability to tap along with a metronome, but it is not a nervous system structure! Small details in the question like that are super important, so if you are torn between two answers that seem right always go back and reread the question to make sure you didn't miss something.

Q43. Yep, you've got it right! The question is asking specifically which would be activated FIRST, not just what would be activated before working memory.

Nicole