Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

Tag as favorite
AAMC FL#3
Moiz_6047
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2021 2:17:23 AM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
7) Can you please explain why false memories wouldn't work here? Could it not be that they were providing new information because they had encoded a false memory?

9) For this question, why can option D not work? The passage mentions that they "
remembered more central aspects of the event"

52) For this question, are the parents own needs not considered a role in conflict with the needs of children?
INSTR_Taylor_140
#2 Posted : Friday, September 03, 2021 2:37:04 AM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi Moiz,

7) This is a case where you will have to draw on previous knowledge to understand that this memory was reconstructive. It is still considered a false memory, but they didn't encode the information incorrectly because they remembered correctly at the initial time when they provided the answer. The memory is now being reconstructed incorrectly, which is why C is the correct answer.

9) in this case D doesn't work because they're not experiencing the increased emotional arousal when retrieving the details, they are experiencing it when first encoding the information - making A the best answer.

52) I agree with you, this one is sort of on the border between role strain and role conflict. I think it could be argued either way, and I don't have a great reason for why it is strain over conflict!