Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

Tag as favorite
Timing Beginning Stages of CARS
Lauren_6408
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2021 7:50:18 AM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
I am in my second week of the course just about to do CARS 2. I am practicing ICE passages that we didn't have time to cover in the first session. I was wondering if I should be doing these under timed conditions when I'm starting out in the beginning? Right now I've been doing about 12 minutes per passage and doing pretty well but I know I've got to move faster for the real thing. Is it a bad habit to get into to take 12 minutes or is it okay because I'm learning technique?

Thanks!
INSTR_Kennedy_135
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2021 6:20:25 PM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hello Lauren,

The timing can be tricky with CARS passages! We often think most of our time goes into reading the passages but in reality we waste most of our time answering the questions! Try not to get bogged down with a tricky question and waste lots of time- remember, they are all worth the same amount of points. It should take you on average 4 minutes per passage, then one minute for each question (this is an average- some will be shorter some will be longer!)

I would recommend doing the passages with the timing right away to get you accustomed to the skill of CARS. Try to answer each question but focus on not spending too much time on one. If you do not have time to finish it within the time frame, you could just do it at the end and time for that specific passage/question.

Hope that helps,

Kennedy