Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

Tag as favorite
AAMC Question Pack/Section Bank
Alia_6536
#1 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 8:46:28 PM

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Does anyone know how to go about viewing the specific questions assigned as homework in the AAMC Question Pack/Section Bank? Nothing from what I have seen allows you to pick and choose questions to do but rather just a huge simulation of questions from various subtopics. If anyone has a solution that would be greatly appreciated!
Dana_6469
#2 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 9:32:36 PM

Hi! I was also wondering about the same thing. Also, is the "AAMC Question Pack" similar to the "AAMC Official Prep Practice Exam"? If not then where do we access the AAMC Question Pack?
Lauren_6408
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2021 12:08:24 AM

I am also confused about this
Sydney_5891
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2021 1:08:32 AM

Also, when you complete questions and go back to the sets, the questions you complete are omitted. So, the question numbers on the progress bar on top don't seem to match the actual question numbers (ex. I'll be on a passage for Qs 40-50, but the progress bar will say I'm on 35).

Does anyone know if there's a better way to tell which question you are on? Or is it possible to get a list of the first few words of the questions we should be completing?
Youssef_6546
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2021 1:52:38 AM

Hi everyone,

The assigned "AAMC Question Pack" questions are the question packs under "Practice Products." There should be two question packs for Biology (vol 1 and 2) and CARS (vol 1 and 2), one for Chemistry, and one for Physics.

No Dana, the MCAT Official Prep Sample Test is a full-length exam that you could write later in your study period, around a few weeks or so before your MCAT test date.

From what I know, there's no way to simply pick and choose assigned questions from the question pack. Unfortunately, you have to skip the unassigned ones before reaching the assigned questions. My advice is to create an Excel sheet or Google sheet prior to performing the assigned questions, as this will allow you to better track down the questions that you answered. If a question pack has 120 questions, in your spreadsheet you should also have "boxes" numbered 1 to 120.

After answering a question, highlight that box. For example, you answered questions 1 to 10. These numbers' boxes would be highlighted. The next time you use the question pack, you'll know that "question 1" is technically question 11 because you know that you already answered the first ten questions (since they're highlighted in your spreadsheet).

Yes, I know it's tedious but it pretty much the spreadsheet helps you track down your progress. You can even highlight question boxes with red, for questions that you struggled with or gotten wrong.

Hope these help!
INSTR_Kailey_109
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2021 4:40:04 PM

Hi everyone,

Yes, the "AAMC Question Pack" is not the same thing as the "AAMC Official Prep Practice Exam." The Question Packs have practice questions, whereas the Practice Exams simulate a full-length exam (which you'll use for practice closer to your MCAT date).

And Youssef's recommendations are on point--thanks, Youssef! I also want to recommend using the arrow keys on your keyboard to quickly move through the Question Packs and Section Bank--a lifesaver when you're trying to get to that last question!